Vulnerable Sector Checks (Mississauga Girls Hockey League)

OWHA logo
PrintVulnerable Sector Checks

Note: A VSC / VSS document is only required to be on your HCR profile ONCE.  If your VSC / VSS has expired, then you only need to provide a Criminal Record Check (CRC). 

  • On-Ice Officials aged 17 and under are NOT required to provide a Police Record Check.  If you turn 18 during the season, it is your responsibility to provide us with your Police Record Check.
  • On-Ice Officials aged 18 years and over MUST provide a VSC / VSS document if you do not have one on your HCR profile.
  • When requesting a VSC / VSS document, you may be required to provide a letter to your local police service. A copy of the VSC / VSS Request letter can be downloaded from here.
  • If you have initiated the process of obtaining a VSC / VSS, please submit a copy of your receipt. This will be used to TEMPORARILY update your HCR profile until you can provide us with your actual document.
  • If your HCR profile indicates your VSC / VSS expiry date is beyond the 2023 / 2024 season, you MUST complete sign and submit the Criminal Offence Declaration Form to the OWHA Office.

Completed Police Check documents must be scanned and emailed as a PDF to the OWHA via [email protected].

If submitting via scan (PDF) and it is not deemed a true copy, submission of the original by mail will be requested (pictures or images of your document will NOT be accepted).
Please contact the OWHA office via email ([email protected]) if you have any questions on this process.

OHF Vulnerable Sector Checks  (New April 1st 2024)