Organization - House League 2020-21 Season Update
Submitted By MGHL on Wednesday, February 10, 2021
After keeping a careful eye on the COVID-19 situation through 2020 and early 2021, the MGHL Board has come to the regrettable conclusion that it is not feasible
to commence any sort of House League programming this season – in full, partial, or extremely modified form.
While some jurisdictions in the Province may be returning to the ice in the coming weeks, the continued measures in Peel and surrounding regions have essentially ‘run out our clock’. The ability to properly offer families affordable, safe, and meaningful programming as we move into March and April appears challenged, despite our best intentions and desire to get on the ice.
We wish everyone a safe 2021 and encourage you to visit the MGHL website for further updates and news. Additional information on refunds, Tie To’s and potential Development Sessions is listed below.
Registration for the 2021-22 season will open in June or early July.
Yours In Hockey,
MGHL House League Director
- All House League fees that were paid via the RAMP system will be refunded in the coming weeks. These can take up to 10 business days to process back to credit cards. If other payment means were provided, please contact [email protected] & [email protected].
- Player Tie To’s will be refunded to one of the families on record, via cheque.
- If you have additional questions, contact the MGHL House League Director Brad Saunders at [email protected].
Looking Ahead – Hurricane Development Sessions
- Once Peel Region returns to Orange or Red lockdown status, the MGHL will review the potential to offer small group training sessions as a way to get some players back on the ice.
- The format, cost, size, timing, frequency, and organizational details of any such sessions will be determined based on ice availability, public health restrictions, and demand from our House League membership.
- The Board will provide advance notice and poll the MGHL House League membership via Survey Monkey once details are known. If we are able to offer these sessions, signup will be completed via the RAMP registration system.